These are just the first five reasons militating against the use of foundation. Sure, every perspective is subjective and open for debates. But if the scientific proves included in this story would make you as much as flinch with a spark of doubt, don’t let go: try investigating the matter, you’d be surprise what you can find out about the beauty industry and its consumers!
The world we’re living in is ruled by fear, insecurities, lies! Let’s make a revolution! Let’s make that change, like Michael Jackson said – starting with the (wo)man in the mirror! Are you ready to really look at yourself and make that change? Why? Well, because…
See also: The 10 commandments of style!
1. You have under 40 years! It’s true that genetics play a defining role when it comes to skin conditions. But food and lifestyle make a huge difference! If you’re a healthy eating/living young woman who’s still in her thirties, please, forget that foundation and show your true colors. Every blemish, every bump, everything about your face is yours and your alone! Why cover it?
2. You can’t wait for the weekend to go makeup-free! Clearly you can’t wait for that special time of the day when you take off your working clothes and your working makeup! The weekend is your favorite time of the week also because you can finally go makeup free and your skin can break free from all that foundation! Why wouldn’t you allow your skin to feel the same kind of freedom every day of the week, every month of every year?
3. You’re experimenting skin issues! Did you feel uneasy with your skin lately? Unusual blemishes, rashes, your face seems to be going through a lot? And you think you can help it by plastering it with cosmetics? Come on? Seriously? Take it all off. And leave it off! Give your skin a well-deserved break and you may even notice a tendency to get better! (consulting a dermatologist and doing some medical investigations might prove useful in some cases)
4. You’re convinced that foundation is part of the office-wear code! It’s time for a myth-buster moment! You think your co-workers/boss/employees won’t be able to concentrate on anything other than the blemishes on your face so you’re covering them in layers of foundation?
How about when they can’t listen to you because you look like wearing a mask? Because they can only see one thing: a moving, talking plaster who won’t convince them to do anything because… well… you’ve never shown your face before! Can you really build trust with someone who feels so insecure as to never show her (real) face?
5. You’re certain that foundation is good for your skin! Seriously? How ridiculous is that? No matter how ‘safe’ or ‘chemicals-free’ makeup is announced to be, you’re still covering your skin, your pores with a film. Doesn’t matter how many brands promise you that their foundation allows your skin to breathe (our body gets its ‘air’ need through the respiratory system, in the bloodstream, straight to the cells – if our skin pores would actually breathe, we would never be able to swim or even take a shower without being drowned through every pore), or that their foundation actually has substances helping your skin get younger!
Just know one thing: the famous collagen everyone and their dog is selling in the beauty industry, is but a myth! Those pretty commercials where collagen particles cram up through a pore like fireworkers hurrying to patch your blemished skin and make you look 10 – what am I talking about – 20! 30! years younger? Well, those commercials are a bunch of nicely animated lies! The collagen particles are so big, they will never get through that microscopical skin pore! The actual truth is that skin foundation (and many other cosmetics) contains chemicals linked to cancer! And we allow ourselves to be covered in that. Covered in lies.